Instructors may request additional software, in support of teaching, to be installed on our lab and classroom computers. Please review the software installation policy before submitting your software request.
Types of software requests
There are two types of software requests. General use which is software that is beneficial to many students in various curricula and is installed on all computers in all labs and classrooms. Courseware is software needed to teach a specific course in a specific classroom or lab. Please review the various characteristics of these software requests:
- Beneficial to many students in different curricula.
- Installed on all computers in all labs and classrooms.
- Purchased and supported by LAT.
- Usually a permanent addition to the software suite.
- Software or plugins needed to teach a specific course.
- Installed in specific classrooms or in a limited number of labs (if freeware or unlimited site license, may be installed in all locations).
- Purchased by the department and supported by the requesting instructor.
- A request must be made each semester to keep our information up to date.