- Ceiling-mounted video/data projector.
- VGA and HDMI Plug-in capability for an instructor-supplied laptop.
- House sound system for audio and video presentations.
- iClicker receiver may be provided on request.
- Some rooms offer wireless presentation capabilities with Solstice pods.
Please note that PTEC rooms do not have a DVD/VCR. If your laptop has a DVD drive, we urge you to use that device for such playback. If VHS playback is needed, contact MediaTech at 865-5400 to arrange for a TV and VCR to be delivered to the room.
To connect your laptop to the projector in a PTEC room:
- Locate the metal bin in the vicinity of the front of the room that houses the cable and remote to be used with the projector. Point the remote at the front of the projector and press the power button (top left button for Epson, top right button for Sharp) of the remote.
- Power on laptop if not already on.
- Remove the VGA/Audio cable from the bin and connect to the laptop display port and the 1/8″ audio jack. (Mac users will need to bring the appropriate adapter). If using HDMI, connect that cable to HDMI port on laptop.
- If your image is displayed, proceed as normal. If your signal does not automatically display, follow instructions provided by your laptop manufacturer to enable external display.
- Be sure audio is enabled on your laptop if audio is desired. Volume can be controlled via the “Volume” up and down buttons located on the projector remote (bottom right on Epson, middle right on Sharp).
- If during class you wish the blank the projector without turning it off, you can toggle that feature by pressing the “1” key on an Epson remote or the “A/V Mute” button on a Sharp Remote
- When finished, disconnect VGA/audio or HDMI cable from the laptop and return to bin. (The cable to the wall connection should remain connected.)
- Power off projector by pressing the power button twice. (Please note that if you need to restart the projector, the projector will need to go through a 30-40 second cool down cycle before it will restart.)
- Return remote to bin.