What is MobilePrint?
TLT Labs MobilePrint enables users to upload documents from personally-owned devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops/desktops to then be released at any Release Station. Jobs printed via MobilePrint are charged to your account the same as if you were printing from a lab location.
This page describes how to upload and print documents with MobilePrint.
To use MobilePrint, you’ll need the following:
- A valid Penn State Access Account
- Internet connectivity
- Physical access to a Print Release Station within 5 days of uploading a job (to pick up your work)
- A mobile device running Apple iOS 7.0 or Android 4.03 or later (required by the Pharos Print app)
Document Upload Methods
There are two ways to upload documents that can be released at a Print Release Station:
- Web using the MobilePrint MyPrintCenter website
- Smartphone/Tablet with the free iOS or Android Pharos Print app
Web Upload Instructions
To upload documents using MyPrintCenter, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and go to https://mobileprint.win.psu.edu/. If you are not redirected to a Pharos secure log in page, use https://mobileprint.win.psu.edu/myprintcenter/.
- Enter your Penn State Access Account credentials in the Username and Password fields. Click “Log in“.
- While on the “My Printing” tab, click on “Job List“, then “Upload“
- A file upload box will appear. Browse to the location of the document you’d like to upload/print.
- Select the file and click “Open“
- The document upload processing may take a few seconds, depending on the size of the document. The red text to the right of the file name indicates the status of the upload and will disappear when complete.
Note: Not all file formats are supported. Support for additional formats will be evaluated upon request.
- Your document is now ready to be released at a Print Release Station within five days. Additional documents may be uploaded at this time.
Note: Sheets are debited from your account only when jobs are released at a Release Station. You are not charged when uploading.
- You may modify the properties of each document that will be reflected in the final print document (duplex, monochrome, pages per side) by selecting the file and changing the Print Options found in the lower right side of MyPrintCenter.
iOS & Android App Instructions
- Install the Pharos Print app from the App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android)
- When prompted, enter the following information:
- Server Address: mobileprint.win.psu.edu
- Server Port: 443
- Click “Connect“.
- When prompted, enter your Penn State Access Account username and password and select “Log On“
- Once authenticated, you will see any recently submitted documents being held and can adjust your print settings.
- From an iOS device, upload documents by tapping and holding on a supported document, followed by selecting “Copy to Pharos Print” from the menu. To upload from an Android device, browse for documents to upload directly from the Pharos Print App interface, which similar in functionality to the MyPrintCenter page.
- Uploaded documents are held for five days and can be released and printed from a Print Release Station.
Supported Document Formats
- Microsoft® Word
- Microsoft® Excel
- Microsoft® PowerPoint
- Microsoft® Visio
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Text (CSV, RTF & TXT)
- Images (JPG, TIFF, GIF, BMP)
- Open Office 4.0 or greater documents